Friday, May 20, 2016

Friday Flourish: Elemental Assassin Coloring Bookmarks!

Happy Friday Everyone!

I don't know about you guys, but I'm very, very ready for the weekend. BEA last week was its usual whirlwind of awesome (a recap will be coming at some point), but it's exhausting, and because I have the worst luck ever when it comes to air travel, we were of course delayed in getting home. We got home late Saturday, and then on Sunday drove 6 hours to pick up Mya, the newest pit bull addition to our family. The drive was more than worth it as she and Gracie are becoming fast friends, but all this week I've had trouble staying up past 9. *blinks wearily*

But enough about being tired! It's Friday and I have a very different kind of Flourish post to share with you today. While book covers are my primary focus, I do occasionally get design requests for related things like bookmarks, teaser quotes and the like, so when Jennifer Estep (one of my longtime favorite authors) got in touch about doing a coloring bookmark for her outstanding Elemental Assassin series, I jumped at the chance to do something entirely new to me.

Adult coloring books are all the rage at the moment (I need more in my life!), so I loved the idea of a coloring bookmark. Heroine and all-around badass Gin runs a restaurant called the Pork Pit when she's not putting her silverstone knives to good use, so Jennifer thought it might be fun to design something around all the mouthwatering comfort foods Gin dishes up in each book. On the back we brought in some of the Elemental Assassin branding elements, with Gin's spider rune and her classic tagline as the focal points. I hope you guys love how they turned out!

Front:


Back:


Want an Elemental Assassin coloring bookmark of your very own? Here's how you can get one:
Get your swag on! For 2-3 stamps, Let's Talk Promotions will stuff an envelope full of Jennifer Estep swag so you can keep some swag and give away some to interested parties. Just send a self-address stamped envelope with two stamps on it to Let's Talk Promotions, P.O. Box 241721, Milwaukee, WI 53224 and mark "Jennifer Estep" on your envelope. Currently, LTP has swag for Gin Blanco and the Elemental Assassin series.

Let's Talk Promotions also offers swag for fantasy author Faith Hunter. If you want some of Faith's swag, follow the instructions above and mark "Faith Hunter" on your envelope. Cheers!

Find Jennifer:


You can check out more of my design work at Seedlings Design Studio 

17 comments:

  1. That is such a cool idea! I love the Pork Pit one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's cute I really like the idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it!!! but how can international fan get one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh love it love it love it! If I were in the US, I would totally send an envelope. Adult coloring books are so therapeutic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a cool idea!! Love the colouring bookmarks and your design is so cool!
    Book Depo has been sending some colouring bookmarks with some of my orders too (not as cool as this one because food!!).

    I'm so glad to hear Mya and Gracie are becoming fast friends! And I hear you on the BEA tiredness... my recap will go up at some point next week, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! So cool, Jenny! I love the idea of a bookmark you can color. Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant!!! It's too bad you two can't copyright that swag idea (tee, hee). I love your style...

    I thought I was the only one "hungover" from BEA! I can't stay awake at all this week! I thought maybe I had mono or something (pish). Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, man. For a second there, I thought that these are going to be book covers. As you know, I'm a huge fan of black and white covers, so I would definitely be lining up to buy these books even if they're usually not my thang. Lol. These are awesome, as always, Jenny.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH my gosh Jenny I love this! The concept, the design, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, YAY for Mya and Gracie becoming friends ♥ I know what you mean though, you need a vacation after BEA. SO FREAKING EXHAUSTING! Colouring bookmarks are an amazing idea and I love what you did here^^ I still need to read this series but it's on the old tbr of course. Have a wonderful and relaxing weekend Jenny xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what an awesome idea! I absolutely love this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! You did these? Perfect!! You are so talented and welcome to Mya!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, these are so cute! Jenny, your skills never fail to impress me--you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You CAN order them if you have PayPal. I'll get cost for shipping, tell you, and Bob's your uncle. I always wanted to write that!!! ltp@ltpromos.com

    ReplyDelete